How to change the language settings
For whom is this feature?
Click on your avatar in the top-left corner of the inbox to open the menu. Go to ‘Settings’ to adjust the language settings of the chat widget.
Edit the language settings for the chat
In your settings under ‘Channels’ choose ‘Live chat’ and go to ‘Language templates’. Here you can create a chat widget per language. Then choose the right language for the chat script and place this script in the HTML of your website.
- Select the language and then choose ‘Customise’ instead of ‘Default’.
- Set the ‘Floating window’. This is the screen you see once you click on the chat badge to open a chat.
- ‘System messages’ are the messages that are automatically sent when the chat is forwarded to a team member.
- ‘Pre-chat form area’ are the information fields that the customer must fill out to start the conversation.
- ‘Chat area’ messages appear automatically in the chat per situation, for example, when an employee has left the chat.
- The ‘Pre-chat disabled text’ are there to let the customer know when the chat is not working, they will still be contacted via email.